How To Treat Back Pain At Home
Treating back pain can be done at home. There are several things that can be done as a first aid to overcome back pain. How to treat back pain at home? What should you do?
- Heat and cold can relieve pain. Some people feel that warm can relieve pain, such as soaking
in warm water or putting a bottle of hot water in a sore area. For cold, you can use ice cubes or frozen bags of vegetables, put in the place where you feel pain. But do not directly put ice on your skin to avoid cold burn, you should cover with a thin towel or something. Do this repeatedly 3-4 times a day.
- Try to sleep. When experiencing back pain will be difficult to sleep. But if you don’t have enough sleep back pain will get worse. Bad sleeping position can lead to back pain. When sleeping makes sure your spine is in a neutral position. Lying on your side. Place a pillow between your knees. Make sure that your mattress can support the position of the spine.
- The purpose of Stretching is to relax tense muscles. Depending on where it causes back pain, certain stretching can reduce back pain. Firstly stretching should be slow, light way and start fast when you get used to it. We recommend that you stop stretching if it can cause pain in your back. Because this can aggravate back pain.
- Swimming can reduce back pain. Because water can support the body, relieve stress on the joints in all parts of the body. Even in severe back pain pool therapy and light swimming is the recommended therapy.
- The more weight you have the more weight you carry. This can cause back pain. You should do a healthy diet combined with regular exercise. To find the ideal weight you should use the calculation of BMI (Body Mass Index).
- Based on a review of studies conducted by scientists published in 2013 in “Clinical Journal Pain” found that there is strong evidence that yoga can help reduce chronic low back pain. Yoga can reduce back pain by loosening tense muscles, strengthening back muscles and improving posture. Yoga also exercises breathing and relaxation that can help your muscles relax.
- Try rubs and Ointments. Many pain rub and ointments on the market. The effectiveness of this treatment can vary from one to the other. So choose the best one for you and fit your needs.
- Don’t Rush Take It Slow. Back pain that often occurs in your body can be caused by your actions that are too dense and you push your body too hard. Make sure you rest when your physical activity causes back pain. So know your limit is the best answer. When you need some rest just take some rest.
Stay healthy and thank you for reading…