Ergonomic Chair And Back Pain
Ergonomic chair and back pain. Are these two things related? In my previous post on how to prevent back pain at work says that chair selection is very influential on your spinal health. You should choose a chair that suits your spine needs, it should be able to keep your spine in a natural position and your feet comfortable on the floor or footrest. This chair is called the ergonomic chair.
An ergonomic chair is a chair designed to support the position of your spine remains straight. Seats can be customized with its users. Because everyone has different needs.
Health is a necessity for everyone. Because with healthy we can do all the daily activities well. The habits of people today when working less attention to health problems. They have bad habits at work. Many people sit for long periods of time working with computers or laptops to do their work. This kind of thing can make you have trouble with your spine. If this is done continuously for long periods of time.
This problem is not only experienced by professionals working in the office but also for you gamers who are willing to sit for hours in front of the computer to play games. When playing games you often forget about your posture and your body’s health.
Back pain can be a serious thing if it is not immediately prevented or handled. Back pain can make you unable to move and make you unproductive. This not only makes you lose money but can cost a lot for the healing process.
Therefore you have to change bad habits while working. The habit of sitting for long periods of time to do the task. You should rest after you work or sit for 45-60 minutes. Take time to rest for a few minutes to just do stretching or taking a drink and go to the bath room.
You should also replace your chair with an ergonomic chair to support your posture. With this chair, you can solve your problems with back pain and make you more productive. This chair can support your body activities so that in addition to working you also still pay attention to the health of your spine.
There are several things to consider in choosing an ergonomic chair
- Adjustable seats. Instead of choosing an ergonomic chair, choose a chair that can be adjusted in terms of both altitude and depth. This is to suit your needs. According to spine health, the height corresponding to health is 19-21 inches from the floor. For a depth that corresponds to health is 17-20 inches wide. Your feet should be comfortable on the floor or footrest. The position of your knee is 90 degrees.
- Support Spine. I recommend that the chair you choose can support your spine (upper or middle). In your daily activities can sit for long periods of time, so a chair that can support the position of the spine is a very important thing.
- Lumbar Support. Since you will be sitting for a long time, it’s best to have your chair with lumbar support. So it can keep your spine from bending or changing its natural position. Because if this happens it can cause pain and stiffness in your spine.
- Arms Rest. Arms rest should be fulfilled to your needs. To support your shoulders and your hands more comfortable when working for a long time.
- Material. Make sure your chair is made of materials that have good quality. Because you incur additional costs to buy this chair. I recommend this chair can make you sit comfortably within a certain period. So choose the material that suits you.
- Head Rest. It would be better if the seat you choose has a head rest that fits with your body.
- Check The Details. Make sure every seat detail that can support all your activities every day. Such a wheelchair should be able to move easily and freely. Choosing materials that are easier to clean and breathable. I also recommend that your chair base has 5 spokes.
Ergonomic Chair And Back Pain
A proper ergonomic chair can reduce your risk of back pain. Some features of this chair can make you healthier in doing your activity either when you work or when you play the game. Make sure you choose the right chair and fit your budget. Begin to be healthier in your daily life and it is great to be healthy. You can be more productive and live your day better without any pain in your back.
If you feel this article useful please share with your family or friends. You can also comment here or tell about your experience using an ergonomic chair. Thank you for reading. Stay tuned for the next updates.