What’s The Cause Of Back Pain
Nowadays back pain is a common thing. According to experts, it can happen to people of all ages, especially at age 35 to 55 years both men and women. Even in America, acute low back pain is the No. 5 cause most people go to doctors as well as cause 40% not going to work. Additionally, it is the single leading cause of disability worldwide (Source: Wikipedia.org).
Back pain is pain or stiffness that occurs along the spine, from the base of the neck to the tail bone, located in the neck, upper back, or lower back or can not stand without pain.
This pain comes from muscles, nerves, bones, joints, or other spinal structures that can cause back pain. Back pain can be acute, where the pain can appear quickly but it will decrease after a few days or weeks or it may get worse where the pain lasts for weeks or months or even years.
The Back Pain Causes
What’s the cause of back pain? Usually, the main thing that causes back pain is tension in the muscle, tension in the ligament and muscle spasms. The main cause of the problem there are many factors as mentioned below:
- Lifting stuff that is too heavy
- Improperly lifting stuff
- Rarely exercise
Actually, many factors that cause back pain problem. Based on the structural problem can also impact back pain like?
- Arthritis – Arthritis is an inflammation of one or more joints, followed by pain, bulging, stiffness, and limited mobility (source Wikipedia.org). Arthritis sufferers often have problems with joints in the hip, lower back, knees, and hands.
- Osteoporosis – the current condition of decreased bone density. This condition makes bones become porous and susceptible to cracking.
- Scoliosis – the condition of the spinal curvature to the side is abnormal. Patients are more at risk of back pain
Below are the other back pain causes:
- Cancer in the spine – there is a tumor in the spine that can suppress the nerves causing back pain.
- Sleep disorder – people with sleep disorder are more susceptible to encounter back pain than those who do not.
- Bad mattress – bad mattress can be at greater risk of suffering from back pain. This is because the mattress can not support certain parts of the body and keep the spine straight.
Factor of daily activity that can cause back pain
- Standing too long
- Neck strained as when operating a computer or driving too long
- Lifting things up
- Bring something
- Bending too long
Okay that all for now next time I will publish more about back pain. Thanks for visiting…